Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blake's Tenth Birthday

Has it already been ten years?

We were at the hospital in Arab consoling Bud and L.C. because Sister Hayes had just died. It was April the 5th, 1999. I got word.... how, I can't remember because this was before cell phones were so predominant... that Cathy had gone into labor and was headed for the hospital to have her baby. So I left Arab Hospital that night and drove straight to Huntsville to welcome the birth of my FIRST grandchild.

On Monday he will be ten years old.

We had a get-together at Jef's to show our love. I picked him up from his grandmother's in Madison and we went and got a birthday cake, ice cream and drinks. I also bought him something he wanted from Dollar General and gave him some money to go along with it since we didn't have time to fit a shopping trip into our day's agenda.




He had told me on the way to Jef's, "I get embarrassed when people sing Happy Birthday to me." But I decided that on his birthday he should have that special "treat" even if he was embarrassed by it. So I suppose that is why he has his head down and looks... well, looks embarrassed.

We had a wonderful afternoon together. He played with the boys and I got to visit with Jef, Jeni, Josh and Tesia. We actually ended up staying long enough to get hungry and Jef grilled some hamburgers and hotdogs for us to eat.

Yummy.

.

1 comment:

Paw said...

TEN years???

My how time moves along.

Happee Birthday, Blake!
I hope you had a good time.
I was working at the tax office or I could have joined the festivities.

Love,

Your other Paw