Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another Tuesday off...

I still have a lot of stuff that I'd like to get done here but whenever I have a day off there always seems to be something much more important than my mess is.

This past Sunday was my Sunday for Ginger and Shane. In all my plans to make sure I showed Blake special attention for his birthday on Saturday--my last day off, I totally forgot all about them until late Saturday when I got home from our "festivities".

WHAT, oh, what will I fix for dinner tomorrow?
Food-4-Less is CLOSED!
I'm too tired to drive to Walmart.

Shane has always said he'd be happy with a bologna sandwich. I remembered I'd bought a pack of lunch meat for my lunches. Sandwiches it would be.

And I just scooped up the clutter that was on the table and put it in my bedroom so we'd have a table to eat on.

Guess what.

It's still right here beside me waiting on a time when I can go through it-- just as the pile of stuff that got pulled out when the water heater went out is. (I suppose if I was more motivated, I'd go through that instead of doing this.)

I get to be with Jef's kids more than any of my other grandkids. It just happens that way. It's not a grand design. For one thing, I see them more because they come here. For another, Jeni has various appointments that are not conducive to taking all the kids.

But sometimes I really get to feeling bad that I don't see more of Blake or of Caleb, Cathleen, and Christie. So yesterday I called Tim early on and told him I'd be willing to keep his kids today if he wanted me to. (Yes, even then I knew I had all this stuff piled up here that's been piled up ever since the water heater went out, but I decided I'd give my time to the kids instead.)

Over the weekend I had had some time with Blake along with Brad, Sam, Zack, Rachel and Autumn. Tim's kids had not been able to make it to the "party" so I wanted to get them and spend some time with them.

Later yesterday Jeni called me with an URGENT need. She was being strongly urged to come immediately to have more tests run to find out what just what it is that she is dealing with physically. (Doctors are having a hard time pin-pointing all that is going on with her. They are trying first one thing and then another to give her relief. She had a test for Lupus that was inconclusive so they wanted her back in there yesterday to the lab.) She had just got home and put the kids down for a nap so going right back to town wasn't going to work. So she planned to go back in today.

She called me to see if I'd meet her at the lab to watch the kids while she got the test. Later she remembered she'd scheduled a service call at her house for the afternoon, so she really needed someone there. Of course, I want to help any way I can, so I agreed with the caveat that I'd have two more kids with me. I'm going to pick Caleb and Cathleen up and take them along. I know they will enjoy playing with their cousins anyway. (Christie will be in school.)

So my afternoon today will be with my grandchildren.

I have a couple hours this morning to get my devotions done and do a few things here before I go.

I better get started.

.

No comments: