HOW FAST TIME FLIES!!
Soon another year will be gone. We're one year closer to Jesus coming...
One thought that I got a long, long time ago...
Whatever your expectations of what will take place BEFORE Jesus comes, remember this:
When Jesus BEGAN His earthly ministry, He accomplished all that He desired to accomplish to establish Himself as the Saviour of mankind, sent from God as a sacrifice for our sins, IN THREE YEARS.
When He decides to do a work, He can do it quickly.
The main thing that conclusively proves to me that my thinking is not as God's thinking (therefore, I don't need to try to figure out how He's going accomplish His work) shows itself in the long period of darkness the church went through in the middle ages, when she was not visible in the glory that she was in the morning time or the sixth seal or now.
(Maybe you're better at figuring that one out than I am, but I've never understood why He allowed that. I have chosen to NOT allow my lack of understanding to cause me to go into unbelief in that or any area of my saved life.)
How long He waits is His choice....
- But I still choose to believe that He created the world.
- I believe He destroyed the world with a flood after having warned people through Noah for over a hundred years that it was coming.
- I believe that "in process of time" He sent His son into this world as the Saviour of mankind so that we could be delivered from sin in this life. This was an event they waited on for hundreds of years.
- And I believe He's coming again. I believe we are in "the season" of his second coming. No man knows the day or the hour.
- And, above all, I believe that every man will stand before Him in judgment "for the deeds done in the body"-- that everyone at some point will be accountable for their actions and attitudes in this life. And MAINLY they will be judged for what they chose to do when they were given opportunity to accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour and REJECTED HIM and what He would do for them by His birth, life, teachings, death, and resurrection.




No comments:
Post a Comment