Thursday, December 18, 2008

An Amazing Reader

I went down on Tuesday to stay with the grandkids while Jeni went for an appointment.

When I came in Sam was reading a book to Zacky. I got Jeni's laptop and dropped down in the recliner occupying myself with a game of spider.

Sam continued reading.

It wasn't long until the game of spider became my secondary interest. I was tee-totally amazed at Sam's reading.

This is NOT just a grandma talking.

Of course, Meemuh is glad her grandson can read well. But what I mean is, THE WAY he was reading. I suppose if it would have been Zacky reading to Sam, I'd not have been so surprised. But Sam is a laid back child. He's not as animated most of the time as Zack is.

But when he was reading, you'd have thought he was the very person who was speaking in the book. His voice inflections, his enthusiasm, and --of course-- his ability to read the words, would have entertained anyone.

I really was surprised.

I stopped concentrating on my spider game and listened closely. I actually enjoyed the story VERY MUCH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=) Sam saw his picture on here and he said... "Oh my." hahahahahahaha