Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I love lasagna...

good lasagna.. not just any ol' mixture

A co-worker of mine was telling me about this lasagna that a roommate (Italian) made. It sure sounds good to me. I'd never heard of making a white sauce for lasagna.

Meat Sauce
2 cans tomatoes
1 can tamato sauce
1 can tomato paste

1 pound hamburger meat
medium onion
garlic
mushrooms
cooking sherry
2 Tbsps sugar
olive oil


White sauce
1/2 stick butter &
flour to make roux
milk
Parmesan cheese

Heat olive oil in medium sauce pan.
Saute onion, garlic, mushrooms until brown
Brown hamburger meat. Drain.
Put meat, onion mixture in pot
Add tomato ingredients & sugar

Cook noodles according to package directions.
Make white sauce

Layer noodles, meat sauce, white sauce.
Repeat until pan is full.
End with white sauce.
Put foil on top and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Take foil off and brown for 5 minutes.

Note: I'm thinking there stuff missing from the written version that was there in the telling of it. For one thing, I think the meat sauce was cooked in a crock pot for awhile.


Anyway, here's another one from off line that follows the same pattern. In this one, you don't even have to cook the noodles first.

**************


Update

Just Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Generally when I make a white sauce for lasagna I would put no tomato products in in but all sorts of other veggies. I love a good vegetable lasagna!