Monday, October 31, 2011

Friends of the Library

I did make it to the Friends of the Library book store and came home with a whole sack of books for  $6.   This is perfect weather for crawling into bed with a book.   The only problem with me and books is that  it is hard for me to put them down.   I did decide at 11:30 that I had read long enough and reluctantly laid my current book down.    This one is Anna Casey's Place in the World.  It's about two children that were placed in the foster care of a fastidious, but kind, lady.   It's very well written.  And I'm enjoying it.  So much so that when I woke up wide awake-- like I sometimes do now -- in the wee hours of the morning, instead of getting up and getting on my computer, I picked up the book and read it for another hour.   Then I went back to sleep for another couple hours.


I learned on Friday that my boss is having another long weekend away which means I don't even have to dread what might happen at work today.  I can just go in and do my job without drama... like the old days.   It's such a relief to have days like that.


Tomorrow I'm off and will eat lunch with my brothers.  I also have a "project" in mind that I put off on Saturday because... hmmm.  I forgot what I did.  Maybe I started reading.  


I made the comment once on Facebook that I didn't have to worry. If I didn't get some aspect of my housework done, it would still be there waiting for me later.  It wasn't like I was going to "miss out" on it by not doing it right away.   A friend commented back: "That's what I tell my husband when he is reading a book.  It will still be there when you get the work done that needs to be done."


Different perspectives.  But, of course, she's right too.   I need to remember that these books are mine.  I bought them.  I don't have a deadline where they have to be returned to the library. 


I suppose with Thanksgiving soon ahead of us, I need to be thinking about more than reading or playing games I've downloaded or checking to see who has updated on Facebook.   I'm actually looking forward to going part time so that I'll have more days off in the week. That's just around the corner.

No comments: