Friday, October 7, 2011

Setting the Record Straight

If you pay any attention at all to my posts, you know that I have become very frustrated with the way things are being "managed" where I work.   It has become very stressful for all of us. 


But, tonight I was reminded-- because of a fluke in scheduling-- that I work with some terrific people.   I had a chance to be reminded of that tonight because there were NO top managers there but there were TWELVE (yes, I said 12) employees scheduled to close tonight.   With no one there to be  a stress producer and enough of us there that recovery was not overwhelming, we actually were able to work together and enjoy one another. 


Then I began looking around at all these wonderful people I work with.  They are hard-working, conscientious, really nice folks.   Really.    They are a great bunch of folks to spend the day with....which makes me even sadder to realize  how much management makes a difference in store morale... and also in the continued willingness to CARE about how you do your job and to give it your best.  These people have ALWAYS done that.   I really love the people I work with.

No comments: