Friday, October 21, 2011

A FULL Vacation

This week has been "so full of a number of things"... I'm sure we all should be happy as kings, as my mother used to quote often.

I have enjoyed my week off from work.  I've enjoyed it so much that I've actually wished I didn't have to go back at all.   But, of course, that's just dreamin' 

On Monday and Tuesday, I kept Cathleen, Caleb and Daxton in the morning until about two.  I was going to keep them every day, and then asked off for Thursday because I wanted to do some work that would keep me from being able to watch Daxton properly.   But, then Felicia decided when it turned cold on Wednesday that she would be okay with them just staying home instead of getting out in the cold.     I did some in the house stuff on Wednesday myself.

On Thursday, I went down and stayed with the little ones while Felicia took Caleb and Cathleen to buy shoes.   Braxton pretty much slept the whole time.   Daxton took a nap too, though for not as long-- just long enough to give me time to get my praying done.  

In the afternoon I began my project.  I was trying to tackle some of the piled up and forgotten about stuff in the 'studio', moving stuff around to make room for more so that I could clear out another room in the house for Zack and Sam to use for a bedroom.   I didn't get as far as I would have liked to because I didn't get motivated to work on it with zeal until about five o'clock.    Before that I did odds and ends of things I needed to get done in the house.

Today Uncle D is supposed to come by and help me take some stuff to Tim's.  I was going to get the kids again, but once again Felicia has said that they will be all right staying home.   (She is so fearful that she is going to impose on me.)  

This afternoon I will drive to Madison and pick up Blake.  He called and said that he will come and spend tonight and tomorrow with us.  I was very happy about that since Tuesday was the first I had seen and talked to him in months.  I really would like to have him come more often.  I'm hoping that, since I am going part time in about five weeks, I will have days that I can get him more than I do now.

Davis is here...

No comments: