Not long after I got up, my brother called and said he was on his way to help me move some stuff to Tim's that I wanted to take there. I needed a truck and he had one. So, I hurried and dressed and was ready to load the truck and go with him to deliver.
Then, when I returned, I had a number of things I needed to get done sitting right here at this desk--that were actually productive-- and I got them done,but it took until almost noon.
Afterwards, I went to Walmart and then to Madison to pick up Blake to come home with me for the evening. We came back by Tim's so he could "meet" Braxton and Daxton. He and Tim tossed football for awhile before we came on home to the--very good-- supper Jeni had cooked.
Josh had come over to eat with us because he too wanted to see Blake. Jef got him involved in plumbing project that went awry. Jef accidentally sawed through a water pipe and had to hurriedly turn off the water at the road. At some point, he sent Jeni to get the pipe and adhesive needed to fix the problem, but when she returned -- going on ten-- it turned out to be the wrong size pipe. A call to Home Depot, where she had gone, got a promise from them that they would stay open until Jef could (hurriedly) get back down there for the right size pipe and fittings. (I'm determined to write their corporate office a thank you letter for that bit of customer service. It sure will make the life of this huge household much better to be able to have a working bathroom.)
The kids got quite rowdy for awhile and I thought they'd never get themselves calmed down, but they did. And Jef got back with the right pipe and fittings and he and Josh fixed the plumbing.
It's been a long day for me. I'm ready to flop. And I believe I soon shall do that.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment