For the last several weeks, this has fallen my day to be off, when it was my week to work on Saturday. Somehow the schedule maker got turned around in his scheduling and gave me Saturday off (again) right after me being on vacation.
I won't be able to go to the funeral of a dear friend, but I spent much time at the viewing last night.
My manager called me in the afternoon and wondered if I was scheduled to work today. When I said that I was she wanted me to come in at six to work on a set that needs to get done before next Monday. I opted for 6:30 instead and she agreed that would be okay.
I slept somewhat restlessly and woke up at 4:20. I finally just got up. My legs are still aching from yesterday and my feet too. Two different reasons. I had spend money for what I felt like was a pricey pair of support hose to wear to back to work after my vacation. Turns out they weren't support after all and the standing -- without a break-- all day without the support caused my legs to ache. The feet problem is a result of me not being able to find my good shoes. I thought I knew right where they were and reached to get them, but they weren't there so I wore an "inferior" pair all day.
When I got home my first order of business was to look for my good shoes. They had been pushed way back up under my bed when the boys put the lego back on Saturday. It took me awhile to even think of looking w-a-y back, then I remembered the lego box had been pushed back but was left sticking out somewhat as though something had kept it from going back as far as it normally does.
In five weeks, I expect to be made part time. That is right after Thanksgiving. Then MAYBE from that time on I will only be scheduled to work three days a week. That will be nice. But the thing that will be even nicer is that when I am pulled in a hundred directions and not given time to do my department work, I will no longer have to hear that I had "plenty of time" to get it done and that I am "not managing my time" properly. (By the way, for the record, I am not singled out for these kinds of chastisements. Every department head is told the same thing. And some of them have been talked to horribly. One of them was even told to NOT tell anyone what was said to her because it might hurt store morale. Can you beat that?)
Well, sitting here is not going to get me out the door in forty-five minutes. I was just trying to get myself awakened enough to function, but now I must get up and "get the show on the road".
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment