Besides the fact that I'm just not hurting, and therefore, not having to deal with all the additional emotional conflicts that brought upon me, I'm also as 'caught up' with my work as I could ever expect to be in a fluid environment.
I finished my last (supposedly) re-set for the year on Tuesday. At least that's what the cover letter for the re-set said.
I got out all my freight by 11:30 on Friday and was able to get the last rack that I wanted to change out from the from (where I've had deleted paper selling at 10 sheets for a dollar for awhile now). Some of the older racks are so narrow, they were actually messing up the edges of the paper as it was taken in and out. Customers won't buy messed up paper. I had put the wider racks at the front because I knew there would a lot of in-and-out looking but I didn't want to send those back to the warehouse when the sale was done because I had some racks on my aisle that were causing paper damage.
After I changed out the rack, I started my NOVEMBER deletes. I was actually able to finish them before I left on Friday. And not only that, there was huge stack of paper -- sheets people pull out that I have to put back in the right place-- that had accumulated and I had not had time to work on it. I got all that put back!
There ARE a couple of other things I need to do, but working retail can be described as being like housekeeping in a household with at least ten kids (that have not been trained to help out with upkeep). You just NEVER get done. You are happy when you are just not WAY BEHIND. As one person said to me about housekeeping one time, "I run as hard as I can just to not get way behind. I never get ahead."
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment