Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm Not Sure When I've Ever Had A More Enjoyable Thanksgiving.


First, Jeni was here all day on Tuesday to help me do some stuff ahead so that I wasn't so pushed. (I suppose that is when she took this picture THAT I LOVE of her girls looking out my front door.) I also set my meal time up an hour -- 2 PM so I'd have more time to cook. I made sure I had a tray of stuff to nibble on because we have one relative who is a diabetic and I didn't want him to be without something to keep his blood sugar stabilized.

Second, I decided I'd just go on to bed Wednesday night instead of cooking the turkey during the night as I have done "always". I went to bed late but I woke up 4:30 wide awake so I got up and cooked my pies. After I finished cooking pies, I started the turkey at 6AM.

Third, Jef and Jeni came on early so Jeni could help me even more... which she immediately began to do.

Fourth, my brother Davis came by and brought me ice, a blackberry cobbler and ice cream, and other things I had told him I needed. He stayed a little while and was here to greet....

Fifth, Jeni's parents decided to come by and visit with us for awhile. I was VERY HAPPY about that. They stayed for a couple hours and even helped out with getting things ready.

Sixth, my brother Fred arrived maybe just before 12 and was there to visit with us while we prepared the food.

Seventh, Tesia and Josh showed up early. Then Tesia, too began to help me. She brought along a congealed salad to add to our meal. Josh made the tea. Jef took care of setting the tables up for me.

I've NEVER had so much help. It was SO NICE.

Eighth, Tim came and brought Caleb. Davis came back. LeAnn came with Christie and Cathleen.


Ninth, Jef and Jeni invited some friends of theirs and they came along with their children. After we finished up our meal and clean up, I had a wonderful time visiting with them.

Tenth, Jef and Jeni stuck around after everyone else left and I got to end my day listening to Jef read a story to his boys that he had enjoyed reading when he was a boy-- Little Claus and Big Claus.

The food was good...
The company was even better.

I had a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OverFLOWING with thanksgiving today! It was wonderful! Thank you, Mom, for putting so much time and effort into it. You did a GREAT job!

We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Anonymous said...

AND P.S. I got my mountain moved before Thanksgiving-- which was my goal. I was VERY HAPPY about that.... Seeing as I have so little time outside of going to work to accomplish such a huge endeavor, that was a "miraculous" accomplishment.