Sunday, July 24, 2011

It Has Come to This

I never imagined it would.


My best days are my days OFF FROM WORK.


That, after a decade of really enjoying my job.  


Now it's just one issue right after the other.   A good day is the rarity anymore.  


However, I really have some wonderful co-workers.  It really could be worse.   What if the people I worked with were the ones who were causing the stress.  (By the way, in the past I've been through that knot hole.)   We are all so tired of all this nit picking stuff from management.  (The --only-- stockman who has to do carry outs plus all the store clean up, said he was criticized right before he left because of a piece of lint in a corner that got missed when he swept.)


But I was off from work on Saturday and it was a VERY GOOD DAY.


I kept Jef's kids so he could take Jeni out on Friday evening.  It was so late when I got off from work that we opted for them spending the night.   That really made it a piece of cake as all I had to do was come home, give them "cookies and milk" and send them to bed.   Rachel fixed their "beds" while I poured the mild and got out the cookies and fed the others.   They went to sleep quickly.    I stayed up later than I should have then woke up in the middle of the night with stuff on my mind that killed my sleep.  I got up awhile, since I knew I could catch a nap later in the day.


Breakfast was easy.   Cereal.   Then I went outside and did some weedeating.


Later on when Jef and Jeni came to pick up the kids, he took over the yard work and spent a few hours helping get things spruced up for me.  The weather outside was not as extremely hot today as it has been lately.


After they left, I took a nap and relaxed for the rest of the evening.


Decided I wanted turnip greens and cornbread and buttermilk for "supper" so I went and bought what I needed to make that happen.  It was very good.   


It was a good day.  

I guess I drank too much coffee though.  After I slept away my tiredness, I woke up once again wide awake in the middle of the night.  I hate lying in the bed wide awake.  I just get up and do something until I start to feel sleepy again.... which is finally  happening-- almost two hours after I got up.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yeah I hate it when that happens... I've had three jobs like that and am about to quit my fourth! Grr! Thankfully my other job is a breeze other wise life would be miserable.