Friday, July 15, 2011

July Is Half Over....

I went by on my way to work yesterday and got line for my weedeater.  I had hoped I'd be able to do some yard work today.   I checked out the weather and it looks like I might get rained out of that.   I guess the rain wouldn't hurt me, but if it's lightening, I probably shouldn't be out in it. 


I had mowed all my grass just last Friday and the rain has done such a good job of watering it that I actually could mow it all again.... if it wasn't for the rain.


I didn't go into work until two yesterday.   I worked on crafts freight,  with only a dinner break, until 5:30.  Then I went to the front for returns and was asked to get on the CSM's register because she was needed to help resolve a problem elsewhere.   That took about 20 minutes.   As soon as I got my returns put out, I started on my order.  I decided to do the stickers first, since they were on sale this week and had been grossly neglected in the quickie order I ended up doing on them on Monday.   I didn't finish them before "Start recovery at this time" was announced at seven (which translates into, "It takes over an hour to do a good order just on the sticker aisle").    Maybe tomorrow I'll be left alone enough to get a bunch done, but I work until close so I will have to stop and do a good recovery.  We don't normally have a lot of people to help us recover on Saturday nights either and we have the added task of making sure all the ad signs for the week get pulled.    Next week's schedule has not been posted so I have no idea what time I'll be coming in on Monday.

****

Called to check on Davis and decided to ask him to come over and help me get the new line in my weedeater.   I figured he'd be more familiar with that task than I am.   


He had given me this really nice Troybilt, electric start-- if needed, gasoline powered trimmer for my birthday last year.   My boys have loved it.   First one then another took it off to their homes to do their weedeating with the promise that they'd help me out with mine.  But their lives got in the way of mine getting done.   Finally, Josh brought it home and started weedeating for me a couple weeks ago and had not gone far until the thing ran completely out of line.   


It was yesterday before I found time to go get the line.   And this morning Davis came over and helped me get it into the machine.   He started it for me once then had me start it to be sure I had the hand of how to use the electric starter.  The reason for the electric starter was that my shoulders and upper arms are not in shape to jerk the ropes that start either a weedeater or a lawn mower.   Thankfully, my lawn mower starts with a key.   And I had this new super-duper weedeater that would start with the push of a button, but it has not been in my possession for the year that it has been mine.  


I did some weedeating before the line got entangled inside the device and I had to take it apart and free up the way it was bound before I could continue.   Then after about 15 or so minutes, it would just stop on me.   I'm not sure why.  It would start right back up.  But, the second time it stopped, I decided to take a break.   When I looked down at myself, I realized that weedeating wet grass has it's "rewards".  I was COVERED with shreds of wet grass.   I decided I better just shed my clothes and put something else on until I went back out to do more.


Now I'm sitting here undertaking the "VERY IMPORTANT" task of labeling  my posts because I was trying to go back and find when Davis had bought me the weedeater and I couldn't find the post.


It's nice to be home... even with looking around and seeing that I have so much more to get done than I'll ever have time to do it in the few hours that I'm here today.


I go back to work tomorrow.  Third Saturday in a row.  

No comments: