Monday, July 4, 2011

Worked Another Saturday

I had thought I'd be off on Saturday, because I worked last Saturday, but when the schedule was posted, there I was, big as life, working 10 until 5.   I wasn't sorry.  I knew I really needed more time than I'd have on Friday in order to get this week's order done.   As it turned out, I ended up having to cover fabrics on Friday evening so it was FOR SURE that I needed more time.   For whatever reason (who knows how these things are decided????), I was NOT called to be a back up cashier on Saturday and was able to work on my order and then finish THE TASK that I was given two weeks ago to do, but was pulled here and there and everywhere, not giving me time to get it done.  (The one I was reprimanded for not having completed since I'd had it "for two weeks".)


I had decided on Friday--when I denied myself the treat that day-- that on Saturday after I got off I'd go by and get me another Papa Murphy's pizza to bake at home.   This time, when they encouraged me to fill out their online survey so I could get some FREE cookie dough, I told them I had done it before but I forgot my code, SO THE MAN GAVE ME SOME.   


When I walked in the door, just before plugging it in to recharge, I checked my phone and saw that Josh had tried to call me.   I called him back and found that he and Tesia had planned to come and see me (and bring Cash).   I hadn't seen them since they got back from campmeeting, so I was glad.  I told them to come and share my pizza, which was good for them and good for me also as I really did not need to have a WHOLE pizza to eat by myself. So, they came and we enjoyed our food and I got to see Cash.  He is getting around good.  He climbed up on my coffee table all by himself.


Sunday:  No work.  I'm glad the place I work is not open on Sunday.   There are FEW retail places that have held out for being closed on Sunday.  I think Chic-fil-a is another one.  I'm glad I don't ever have to worry about being scheduled for work on Sunday.


As usual, Sunday service was a time of encouragement to think right and do right.   I sure understand why the word says to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.   There is so much that comes at us in so many directions, we certainly need to be reminded of the right way to handle those things that can be stressful to us.


Sunday afternoon Josh invited me over to eat some barbeque that Tesia had cooked earlier in the week.  She did a slam-bam good job on it.  I was going to come home and take a nap before church again, but ended up wiling my time away until it was too late to do that.  Consequently, when I got home from church, I ended up going to bed much sooner than I ordinarily would have.


I really look forward to the days I have off from work now.   It's such a change from the way it used to be.   I used to enjoy my work so much that I'd just as soon be there as at home wondering which of the piled up jobs I have here needed to be worked on today.   I still have piled up jobs of stuff here that need to be worked on but at least now I'd just as soon be here dealing with them as going off to work and doing something there.


Hopefully, today I can figure out a way to get my lawn mower tire off and take it and get me a new tire.  So much has been spent on Fix-a-flat for that tire that I think I could have had a new tire with the money the Fix-a-flat cost.   My brother had been the one buying it, but the last time I bought it myself and found out the stuff is NOT that cheap.   

I suppose I will try to get that done and mow my yard today.   Other than that my only real commitment was to show someone how to create a list on Facebook.   That won't take long.  They did invite me to eat with them when I said I'd come over, but I'm not sure how that will play out.





No comments: