Our new District Manager came yesterday.
We didn't know quite how it would go because the word was that he had spend 3½ hours at the store in Decatur. We were expecting a thorough going over.
But it didn't happen. He came through our place with the attitude of "meet and greet" and was not with us for long at all until he went on to the other Huntsville store.
The guy was actually VERY NICE. I know when someone goes out with the attitude that they are just going to "meet and greet" that you would expect they will be nice, but it was a pleasant visit.
I am not stupid when it comes to having an understanding of why these positions exist. I know those people are not put in that slot to come by and make us feel good. I know that their job is to make sure things are getting done like corporate wants them done and to watch for slackness in every area and make sure it gets corrected. And they are there to make sure new policies are being implemented in an expeditious manner. I do not expect them to come in and pat us on the backs and tell us how good we are. That is not what they get paid to do. But it's nice to be shown some respect and be given a smile with a heads up on what you ARE doing right.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment