.
Being off from work all day Saturday, all day Sunday, working only until 12 on Monday, and being off on Tuesday... is like a mini vacation... especially since Mondays at work are generally only pencil involved.
Another thing that has made it seem more like a vacation has been the beautiful weather. On Saturday, when Jef, Jeni and all were here, we were outside quite a bit.
Later on, after I took a short nap, Cathleen and Caleb came for the night. I spent the evening listening to their chatter and loving every minute of it.
Sunday afternoon I relaxed mainly by putting together a puzzle.
| I remember this picture from my home as a child. |
Monday afternoon I went back by and picked up Cathleen and Caleb and brought them home with me. Monday evening was stormy/rainy and they only got to play out a little while before the weather prevented that.
Later on Josh and Tesia and Cash came over and the kids got to play with Cash awhile.
By nine o'clock Cathleen and Caleb were ready to go to bed. By ten I went myself. That's early for me. The amazing thing was that I didn't wake up all night and slept until 8:30. That was ten and a half hours of sleep for me-- eleven and a half for the kids.
After breakfast we went outside. They "fished" in the "river" that runs through my back yard and caught all kinds of fish. I raked out the "river" some so that the water would flow more freely, cut a few more bushes that were so close to the studio the bush hog couldn't get to them, and raked some in the yard. Not much.
I decided to get a video of Cathleen and Caleb riding their bikes. But, almost as soon as I got outside and was ready to begin, a neighborhood dog appeared on the scene and he became such a distraction that he ended the bike riding.
For the next long while they were thoroughly entertained with having a dog to play with. After a bit, he was joined with a friend. They each had a dog. Although I don't think they declared ownership. I think they just both played with both dogs.
After lunch, Felicia texted me that she was home, so we loaded up the bikes and I took them on home. Felicia had cooked some black-eyed peas and cornbread that she shared with me.
I came home with the intentions of doing some productive stuff before the day is over. So, I took a nap. And now I'm blogging.
I don't think those count.
I had uploaded some pictures with Picassa but they don't seem to be loading right so before I get on to REAL productivity, I may go back and upload those another way.




No comments:
Post a Comment