Thursday, February 24, 2011

This Stuff Has Drug on for a Week

.

FINALLY...


this evening I began to feel like I might be pulling out of the hole.


But not before I'd coughed so much that my rib cage got VERY SORE.   So sore in fact that I even hurt when I bend over to tie my shoes.   


I got to the place that I had to hold my rib cage tightly when I coughed to try to keep it from moving. 


I had thought I was getting better before today, but yesterday was freight day, and I found out by afternoon that I was NOT back to my normal self.   I was so wiped out, I asked to leave early so I could come home and go to bed.


They let me.


And I did.


I rested awhile then got up to go to church and had a coughing "fit" as I was driving to church that was so severe it wiped me out completely.   I just wanted to turn around and go back home and go to bed.   But, I didn't.   I made it through until the end.


After a good night's rest, I went back to work this morning at 8 and worked until after 6 trying to make up for the time I left early yesterday.   When I got all my freight out, I came home.  


My evening was a good one because I was cheered up by my grandchildren.  First, Blake called me.   Then I called and talked to Kirsti, Kali, and Micah for a little while.  Then I got a lift from a picture Sis Katie posted on Facebook of Cash. 


Isn't he sweet?

Yesterday when I got home, there was a infraChef halogen oven at my back door. 

I had gone to see my brother, Davis, on Tuesday evening and he had bought himself one and was so thrilled with it he wanted me to have one too.   He had cooked me a steak while I was at his house on Tuesday in his and was lauding its wonders .  

I cooked two pork chops and baked a sweet potato in mine (this evening).  They were very good.  

No comments: