We ate at the Cracker Barrel. My choice. I wanted some Southern cooking. I chose a vegetable plate of pintos, turnip greens, macaroni and cheese and slaw with sweet tea. I got raw onion on the side. And, corn meal muffins. It was all VERY GOOD. The brothers both had pot roast with mashed potatoes.
Fred and I shared a dessert of pineapple upside down cake. It was good too.
Fred, who has clients from all walks of life in his role as a tax preparer, told me that one of his clients who works for Cracker Barrel told him that the one we went to this afternoon is the busiest one in Alabama with the one in Gardendale, where he lives, being the second busiest.
| Cullman, AL I-65 , Exit# 310. I-65 & SR 157 NW 6020 State Hwy 157 NW |
They were busy today, but we didn't have a long wait. We had a nice time together.
Now, I'm back home wondering if I have time for a short nap before going off to Harvest to spend the night.
I think I'll try for a 30 minute one. I'm quite sleepy. Maybe it's a combination of the meal and the drive home in the sunshine. It takes me about an hour, from my house, to get to our meeting place.
Probably I can only take about a fifteen if I'm going to get to Harvest by 4:30.




No comments:
Post a Comment