Sunday, February 20, 2011

Got A Good Night's Rest

I felt so washed out and tired that I "bargained" with my boss.    I said, "If I work more than five hours, I have to take a lunch.   So, can I just work five hours and go home and come in an hour earlier on Monday so finish."  He agreed.  He's actually a whole lot more sympathetic toward sickness than some in the past have been.


I had already "set him up" for the bargaining because when I had first talked to him for the day I had told him that I really didn't feel like coming to work but I had come because I knew I had to work on my order since I didn't come in until twelve on Monday and, if it was all right with him, after I did my order I'd like to go home.    He quickly agreed to that.  I didn't actually finish my order but I just didn't want to clock out for lunch then come back and be there any later. 


I wanted my bed.


I got home a little after six.  (I actually worked until almost 5:30)   I went to bed early and slept for ten hours last night.


Today I'll be doing the Sunday School attendance because our Sunday School "secretary" is also in charge of the kitchen and we're having another day of back-to-back services with a meal in between because the second service is going to be a baptismal service.


That means I'll be home  earlier than we usually are on Sunday night and I don't have to be at work until eleven so I should be able to get another good night's sleep tonight.


Things are looking up. 


Now I just need to drink my orange juice, take my vitamins and wait it out.


By the way, this is NOT anything like the flu.    NOTHING.   At first my only complication was the deep cough.   It wasn't until I'd had that a couple days or so that the weakness reared its head.   So coughing and this feeling of "I JUST want to be in bed" is all that I've had.  No fever.  No sore throat.  No headaches.  No achiness.  None of that stuff.

No comments: