That's the only way I'm going to have a "productive" off day.
I just really can't seem to "get into" doing anything that requires a whole lot of effort when I am home with nothing really pressing. (Oh, I know. But what presses others, really doesn't press me.)
My pressures to accomplish seem to have to come from outside myself. Or be produced the knowledge that "time is running out! this must be done now!"
So, I do a better job of cleaning up when I know I've got company coming.
And I'm more apt to get all my washing caught up when I realize I'm running out of clean clothes.
And sometimes I'm motivated because things get "disgraceful". I mean, what would people think? (Sad to say, sometimes I neglect to do some jobs and even I don't think too well of myself.)
But, for the most part, if I can keep things clean and my piles stacked neatly, I'm okay with it. Piles don't bother me. Clutter is my trademark. When I do such a good job of cleaning up that all the clutter has been removed, that is when people who come here regularly NOTICE. I mean, they are just used to me having STUFF.
And I figure as long as they can tell they don't have to worry about things being sanitary, what does it matter if I have more stuff than they do? It's my house. It's my choice.
Josh sometimes tries to tell me I'm a hoarder. I'm not sure what a hoarder is but I tell Josh, I do not have so much stuff that I can't have company. I do not have so much stuff that you can't sit down. Or that two people can't pass going to and from a chair.
Yes, I always have more piles than many people....maybe even more than most people. But most of my life, I've been one of those people who would rather have something sitting out on the counter until I can put it in its right place than to just shove it anywhere out of sight.
I used to think that everyone who had an orderly looking house also had orderly closets and drawers and garages. Then I began to make myself available to help people clean. And I realized I was wrong. Not nearly as many people are organized in areas that you don't see as you IMAGINE there are. (Some ARE.)
But I seem to need deadlines and outside pressures to motivate me to get a whole lot done. Otherwise, I just kind of meander through my days off and do a few things here and there that are productive and use the rest of my time doing things that I like to do. And in that way, I suppose, I "refuel" for whatever I will be facing in the oncoming jam-packed days.
Daxton seems to be doing better, but he does have pneumonia and Felicia said that they won't let him out of the hospital until his oxygen level stays at or above 95 for at least 12 hours. It's hovering between 87 and the low 90s now.
I called to see if I'd have Felisia tonight but she's staying with the neighbor across the road from them so I believe I'll go see Cash.
7 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment