.
I really don't know how I could have had a better Thanksgiving given who I am and who all I wanted to spend time with on Thanksgiving day.
First off, it started off good because I was scheduled off from work on Wednesday. That helps.
For some folks that would have been all it would have taken to get everything done just right, but I have too many side issues for that to be the case.
My first side issue was that I realized I had picked up some malware on my computer and I really wanted to get it off, BUT I didn't have time to figure out how. My main concern -- aside from the nuisance of it-- was that I might have a key logger that would pick up my password to my online banking.. But that wasn't the only problem.
Anything I tried to search on Google would get redirected to something else, sometimes not even related to what the link was I'd clicked on. And my computer was shutting down to the screen saver every few minutes and I'd have to relog on. Besides it was running V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W and even stopping... like when I'd be typing, I'd just have to stop and wait several seconds (or more) before the computer would catch up with what I'd typed.
So, that was an annoyance.
Then I had quite a bit of housekeeping yet to do to get ready for my Thanksgiving company.
And more grocery shopping.
And then I needed to start cooking.
And there was church last night.
After church, I began my cooking. First, the pumpkin pies. Then the cornbread I'd use to make my dressing. And, at 12:30 AM I put the turkey on to bake.
I got up at 4:30 and checked on it. At 5:30 I got up and the little thingy had popped that let me know it was done. So then, my day began.
Josh and Tesia were going to come and eat breakfast with me because Sister Katie's meal was going to be-- I thought-- at the same time mine was. So, I said just come over for breakfast and spend some morning time with me. You can help me cook. So they did. And Tesia was a big help to me.
She brought the "main" part of our breakfast meal. I added orange juice and cinnamon buns.
Uncle Fred showed up about 10 AM. He got a good chance to visit with Josh and Cash while Tesia helped me.
Jeni and family , plus her company, came about eleven. Then she too began helping me. She put together the appetizer tray of deviled eggs, cheese cubes, celery stuffed with hot pimiento cheese, green and black olives, and small sweet pickles.
By the time my brother Davis and a friend came at the scheduled dinner hour, we had managed to get the whole meal completed
Turkey, dressing, and gravy
Mashed potatoes
Sweet Potato casserole
Pioneer Woman's green bean casserole
Cooked carrots
Cranberry sauce
I had pumpkin pies, a pecan pie, a special treat of sugar free dessert cooked by a friend, and Davis brought a peach cobbler. And whipping cream.
Cathi came later.... after my brothers had gone but before Jef and Jeni left. (Good thing, because I was going to send my leftovers home with Jeni because she was having her own Thanksgiving Dinner of Friday.)
Tim worked on Thanksgiving and didn't get off until two. Then he picked up Caleb and Cathleen and they all came up for a visit before going on to Cullman to Felicia's mom's to eat.
So, I got to see most of my family for Thanksgiving. (There were some of my grandkids that weren't there. Blake. Kirsti, Kali, and Micah. But I got to see everyone else.)
Then I put away the food that was left, loaded up the dishwasher, washed up the remaining stuff and sank down into my chair in front of the computer and WENT TO SLEEP.
It's not very late. 7:10 but I really think I'm going to get me a magazine and get in the bed. I have to be at work by 7:30 in the morning and I'm tired.
But I had a wonderful day with people I love.
Slaw
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment