.
Jef and Jeni wanted to have a date night together so they brought the kids here and did that. Jeni made me some wonderful potato soup for my supper.
Having the kids here actually helps me out. I don't drop down in this chair and forget that minutes--even hours-- just fly by while I'm here. Instead I let the boys play their Lego game on Roblox so that takes away my computer. And, besides, I have the girls to keep up with.
I had a bunch of toys piled up in my "guest" bathroom that I had stored in my out building and I had put off washing/cleaning them. So I took advantage of my opportunity and cleaned them. Rachel and Autumn were as excited as if it had been Christmas. They could hardly wait for the next item to be cleaned before they were begging to play with it.
I also had some stuff piled up in my "guest" bedroom that had been there ever since I had to empty out my laundry room when I had the plumbing problems. Actually, it had been piled up way longer than that. I had pulled every thing that could conceivably be in the way out of there when I got my new washer. And I just piled it all up in the bedroom. And, as if that wasn't enough, I added stuff to it from my storage.
The roof on my storage building is majorly leaking into the middle area so I had tried to clear that area out of anything that would be ruined by leakage. I can't imagine when I'm going to have enough time to get that whole building cleaned out. The boys, especially Tim, are eager to "burn it down". I'm not so eager because there's so much STUFF I'll have to deal with before that could ever happen.
But I started. My start consisted of taking a lot of STUFF out of there and putting it in my "guest" bedroom. I don't have a lot of guests. But Jef and Jeni do sleep in that room when they spend the night and the last time they were here, there was only a pathway to the bed so I really wanted to rectify that situation.
So, the girls played and I rectified.
The kids all got up early. Sam went to bed fairly early. He said he's used to getting up at six now because of catching the school bus so early, so that's why he woke up. The girls had gone to bed fairly early as well.
Only Zack and I had stayed up late. But, of course, we all just had to get up at the same time.
Jef didn't sleep in long. Sometimes he does when they stay over night. I try to keep all the doors closed between us and them so he's not bothered by the children's noises, but he was up before nine. I think he was tired out because he had been working long days, coupled with out of town work, and then another late date... he was ready to go home and sleep awhile--if possible-- in his own bed.
After they all left, I did some more on my (imaginary) list of things that needed to get done to get my house Thanksgiving ready. Sadly, I am not hard on myself when it comes to housekeeping.... well, at least not to the point that I actually DO a whole lot of it. I just do WHAT HAS TO BE DONE to keep things functional. And since it's my intent to have company every other Sunday for dinner, I try to keep it from getting so out of hand that I wouldn't even want anyone to come. (In other words, I try to avoid CHAOS-- Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome.) But neither do I opt for people to come who I feel would be critical of the way I live. (I stick to those who like me in spite of my deficiencies, instead of those who would make me feel I don't meet the necessary standards to be approved of by them.)
But, when I know I'm having special events, I do try to figure out ways to go the extra mile and make things a cut above normal. Since my work schedule is such that I don't have a whole lot of feeling-like-it time to do housework, I've been trying to think ahead about what I will need to have done in order for things to go smoothly on Thanksgiving. So I created my (imaginary) list. And I've been able to mark several items off that list already. I feel pretty good about that.
I got some more done on that "list" this afternoon, then I took a nap-- because it was after midnight when I went to bed and the kids woke me up early.
I checked to be sure the ballgame would be over and when I saw that it was, I gave Tim a call and told him I wanted to come and see the kids. As it turned out, Cathleen was sick, Felisia and Lexia had gone to Felicia's mother's. Caleb was there but he was well occupied with a ....hmmm, what is that thing?.... that they'd just got last week end....given to them by Felicia's brother. That game machine that you get involved with. I'll think of what it's called in a little while. (Wii, it'a a Wii)
Tim showed me his armory. (Just kidding.) He has been issued a gun belt with various and sundry items to be used to subdue folks if necessary. Then he busied himself with rearranging furniture while I talked to Felicia.
I stayed until hunger over took me. I came home and enjoyed the leftovers from Jef and Jeni's night out. Taco salad from Rosie's. I'd been craving taco salad for several days so it hit the spot with me. Rosie's was my favorite place to eat for many years. I still love Mexican food, but Jason's deli is high on my list of places I like a lot now.





No comments:
Post a Comment