Saturday, March 7, 2009

Will Life EVER Slow Down?

I made it through the gyrations that were necessary to getting myself back into hot water and cleaning up the water mess that was created by the leak.

I made it to church on Wednesday night after a l-o-n-g day of putting out freight. I actually made up the time I went in late on Tuesday because of my water problem. I worked until six. I wasn't late for church at seven but I had to hustle.

On Thursday I agreed to work a split shift and went in at 8 working until 12, then went back at 4 and worked until close. I did that because the stock test we were to have had last week was postponed to Thursday morning (supposedly) and I didn't get all my freight out on Wednesday. Working over allowed me to at least have it all priced. (We did well on the stock test.)

(I usually do not get all my freight out before late Thursday or early Friday, much less Thursday morning. It takes me about two hours for every one hundred skus I order and my "normal" order is around 600 or more. I can get it out more quickly when business is bad-- no customers to walk to what they are trying to find or no time on the registers-- but we need sales.)

On Thursday afternoon I went to see Caleb. It was his birthday. (I took my camera but left my memory card at home in my computer.) LeAnn was getting everything all packed up for the move they were going to make on Saturday. I took pizza for us to eat for lunch and spent my interim between my morning and evening shift with them mainly. That plus a trip to Sam's for breakfast bars.

On Friday, I went in at eight and after work went to help pack. I took barbeque for us to eat for supper. I got home Friday night about 10:30.

I didn't get as much sleep as I needed to get last night. I went to breakfast with my brother and some of his friends. Before noon I was on my way back to Huntsville to help some more. The movers (Two Men and a Truck) had delivered everything to the new house and we were trying to get things in order for Caleb and Cathleen's party tomorrow. They had decided to have a "cookout" at the new location. (It's a very nice apartment complex and there's a playground close by with facilities for such things.)

When I got home this evening, I was very tired. I had worked with a hurting back for two days. (I think I aggravated an old injury in both my knee and my back on freight day by carrying a heavy tote too far. The knee problem was clearing up but the back was not getting rested up because I was still moving boxes and lifting while bent over.)

I had thought I'd get some things done here but I really didn't feel like it. Instead I frittered away my time trying to see if I could come up with a strategy that would enable me to "win" Algerian Patience. I've about concluded that it's just not going to be a game that will be easily won. I've only been able to win it a few times.



Now I've gone around and set my clocks up and MUST go to bed. Tomorrow is another FULL day.

.

No comments: