Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Tea Party

One thing that awes me is a little girl who does little girl things.

I often say, "I was never a little GIRL."

I played with cars.
Cowboys and Indians.
Climbed trees.
Was awed by the mechanics of a car.
Fought with my fists.
Did what BOYS do.

I don't remember ever playing with dolls, wanting to carry a purse (still don't) or wear heels (still don't), or having "a tea party".

I've been totally amazed by both Cathleen and Rachel and what girly girls they are instinctively-- preferring shoes and purses and fixing their hair over the things I chose to when I was a child.

Yesterday I had the supreme delight of watching
Rachel have her own little tea party
.

She is totally entertained doing these things all by herself.
She is NOT a "watch me" child.

While Jeni and I were packing in the garage, she was just outside taking advantage of the things Jeni was discarding or going to donate.



She had a "tea party".



I couldn't believe what I was watching. She set up a "table", dishes for herself and her "friend" and served tea (water) and refreshments (dirt). And did it for a long, long time.

My, was she a busy little hostess.



Unfathomable.
Totally unfathomable.

She was situated between my car and Jeni's van and the lighting situation was not good, but I just had to share with you even though the pictures are not that great.

.

1 comment:

Paw said...

Thank you for these pictures.
They are so cute.

I used to enjoy secretly watching our kids play.
(I had to do it "secretly" because if they found that they were being watched, they would behave differently.)

Little people are delightful.