Jef was out of town for business Monday night so I spent the night with her. We decided we'd "play it by ear" to see if she'd be better served to have me help her pack or bring all the kids to my house so she would be able to continue by herself without being interrupted every two minutes.
By 9:30 this morning, we'd already decided the best bet was for all the kids to come home with me. So, after a quick trip to the store without them in tow, we loaded them all into her van and I brought them back to my house for the day.
I took them home about 7 because I do have to go to work tomorrow....though you'd not know it by looking at the time I'm posting this.
I had a good day with the kids. But they really do require attention "every two minutes" it seems like. I hope she was able to accomplish more bv them being here because my intentions of getting some of the things done I wanted to do here-- thinking since I was coming home that might be possible-- went down the tube rather quickly.
I realized that keeping house and keeping up with a number of children is something that you have to train yourself to do. It's not a job that you can jump right back into after years of not doing it and still be able to do what needs done along with tending to the kids.
I believe Brad fired off a question every 30 seconds.
And Autumn, when she wasn't napping, was certainly out to investigate every "nook and cranny" of the house. She is such a cheerful child, but she has to be continually watched because her curiosity has no bounds.
Rachel, as always, was a joy to have. She's NO trouble and is so much fun to watch.
Sam and Zachary normally occupy themselves together for long periods without having to have attention... until one or the other decides it's "my turn" to do whatever they are doing.
I really do enjoy having them, but I can tell I'm out of practice at getting done what I need to do while tending kids too, so I took them home by 7 so I could get some things done that I wanted done before I went back to work tomorrow.
.




No comments:
Post a Comment