Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Read the News Online

and you get the idea that any moment you could be annihilated in one way or another.

In a way, it's kind of scarey. (Reading it online, instead of in a local paper, gives you opportunity to read news from EVERYWHERE.)

A whole lot of people seem to just be "losing it". And when they "lose it", they are given to VIOLENCE. Killing other people in the most horrible ways. Or mowing down groups of people they often do not even know.

I'm not actually scared to BE DEAD. What I'm scared of is what I'm going to have to go through to get there.

I don't like pain.

I don't even like the pain that I go through that comes with aging.

On rare occasions, I might increase my fears by looking at a YouTube clip like those of the bombing of Hiroshima or Nagasaki and see what horrible suffering some have gone through. Or, I might read about the Holocaust. Or read how the Muslims do their killings in order to accomplish their purposes.

The latest news story I read-- just now-- I don't even understand the terminology. Here I am in danger of being totally wiped out by something some scientists have created and even after reading what they've done, I still don't know.

Isn't it unsettling?

I mean.

I remember way, way back when I was still young going to campmeeting and hearing various ministers talk about how "in the end time" violence would prevail and homosexuality would be common.

I couldn't comprehend back then that either of those conditions would be true.


Back then, I didn't lock my house or my car. I didn't worry about picking up a hitchhiker. I didn't lock myself in my car when I drove through town. I didn't worry if I happened to unthinkingly do something stupid while driving that I might get shot by someone who didn't like it. And, if anyone was "queer", they sure didn't let the whole world know.

Things are happening that are totally crazy and they are happening often.

I don't know when the end will come. But I believe it will come as it did with the flood-- just as the word of God says-- and it will be the twinkling of an eye.

I believe all that.

And all that I marveled over how it would ever happen before that time came, has already happened....

I suppose there's not really anything left to be fulfilled of the evil that the Bible speaks of.

A day came when the door was locked and the rains began....

And a day will come when, in the twinkling of an eye, this earh shall pass away and melt with fervent heat.

I hope it won't hurt.


If I really get to thinking of the future in a gruesome way, I stop the thought process totally by saying to myself:

"My trust is in God. Regardless of what I face, He'll be there to go through it with me."


I believe that, too.

*********************
After I reread all that and got down to the "I hope it won't hurt" part,
I did a double take as I thought:

Jesus KNEW His death WAS GOING TO HURT.
That it was going to be the most gruesome death... and painful.
He dreaded going through it.
He sweat great drops of blood
as He was praying for strength and grace
from the Father to get Him through that time.
And He actually not only went through that gruesome death,
He went through it with FEELINGS that
the Father had forsaken Him
while He was enduring it.

But the greatest good for all mankind came out of that horrible death. And, in much lesser ways, we have over and over again seen bad situations that have had good come out of them. Sometimes, we too have to suffer through bad before the good comes.

.

No comments: