whatever that is....
Tim is now moved.
And Jef and Jeni have moved to the north side of Huntsville.
They are almost twice as far away from me. I hated to see that happen because I did my best to help Jeni out with the kids when I had days off or even sometimes an evening and a morning. But, when I calculated my drive out to take them back on Saturday before I went to work, I found that I will have to allow at least an hour driving time to get there from my house. Then it took me longer to get back to Hobby Lobby than it does to get there from my house. So I can see that this move is going to cut down on my chances to "be a blessing" even if I continue to "feel for" Jeni as she suffers with her RA.
So I'm sorry because I won't be able to help as much, but I'm glad because I know how badly they wanted to get out of town. Jeni has wanted to move to the country for a long, long time. She feels like she will be able to manage okay without my help so I need to try not to think about it. There are a couple families from Westlawn that live out that way so maybe someone will be available there for her appointments and such. Hopefully.
Josh will be the next to be moving but I don't expect he'll be needing me. He'll go other directions for his help.
So, at the beginning of April, I may be back to "normal" busy living. And living really is busy with just "normal" stuff that comes up. When you work 40 hours and it takes another two or three hours of your time a day to get ready and then drive to and from work, that cuts out a whole lot of DO-THIS-DO-THAT time.
I'm afraid I've "given into my flesh" way too much when my time has been so filled and when I got home, I just plopped down to relax 'awhile' at my computer and realized that the rest of my day was RAPIDLY zapped sitting here.
Hopefully, I can now implement some of the things I had hoped to start back in February and at least begin walking daily. I'm going to try out an "eating plan" that came to my mind yesterday to see if I can lose a few pounds.... I know, I know. I need to use more than a few but I'll start where I start.
[I thought I was off to a good start by putting eggs on to boil when I made my coffee. I just went to check on my "eggs" and found that I only had a pot of boiling WATER. My plan is NOT starting off with a bang!]
This day is going to be push, push, push. Mondays always are. It always takes me all day to get through my order. I have close to 8000 items to eyeball every Monday to see if I need to order any of them. When the requirement on some of those stickers, rub-ons or embellishments is only TWO, I just about have to "finger" each one to see what's there before I order it. And ordering is by pencil, not computer. So it takes me all day every Monday. I don't get done ever until after three, usually 3:30. But today is a day after a huge scrapbooking sale and I will be doing good to get it done by 4:30 when I leave. And that's if I'm not assigned to a register today as a back up cashier. A lot of Mondays , I skip my breaks and shorten my lunch-- which is only 30 minutes-- just so I can get done.
The office person hates me on Mondays. I've had to get used to that. It used to bother me. She does such a good job and I'd really like for her to think I also work efficiently...but on Mondays she thinks I'm s-l-o-w because she can't key in my book as soon as she'd like to. I used to try to reason with her. "Is __ slow? She has about 2500 items and it takes her four hours. Is that slow? Is __ slow? 3000 items. Not done until two. 5000 items having to be called in at 3:30." But, no, I AM THE ONE WHO IS SLOW -- with almost 8000-- because I'm not done at the same time all of them are. I don't get it, but I just live with it. I've just accepted that on Mondays, she hates me. I can't even get a smile out of a normally nice person. I suppose one reason it bothered me is because I do like her a lot and it mattered what she thought of ME. (In all fairness to her. She does a very good job. She probably just hates MONDAYS, not me.)
Anyway, here I go. Off to order.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment