I went to Target to return something for which I had no receipt. The guy at the service desk asked me, "How did you pay for it? If you paid with a debit or credit card or a check and bought it within the last 90 days, you don't need a receipt. We have a record of the transaction."
I had paid with a debit card. ( I don't carry cash at all most of the time.) He ran my card and brought up the item and gave me back cash.
VERY GOOD.
I'm impressed.
Two
On Saturday night after work when I was considering what I'd fix for dinner on Sunday, I decided on soup-- simple soup made from ground beef, Veg-all, and tomato sauce cooked in the crock pot while I was at church. But I wanted cornbread with it and I wanted it in a hurry. So I bought a mix.It was Martha White's Sweet Yellow Cornbread Mix Family size. All I had to do was add 2 eggs and 1 1/3 cups of milk. I preheated my cornbread (iron) skillet with oil in the bottom as I preheated the oven. And I stirred up that mix and poured it into a hot skillet.
I cannot tell you when I've had cornbread that I liked any better. It was so simple and so GOOD.
It was sweet, but it is NOT as sweet as Jiffy mix is. Jiffy is a little too sweet to suit me. I'm ready to stock up on Martha White's mix. I bet muffins made from it would be good too.
Only problem is that it's so good, I could gain a bunch of weight eating it like I do with lots of "butter" on it. (I love Fleischmann's olive oil margarine better than butter and if you knew how much I've always liked REAL butter you'd know that's quite a compliment.) So I'll need to be sure and not make it unless there's a number of people present to help me finish it off.
.




No comments:
Post a Comment