Jeni called me last night needing a child sitter today because she needed to take Brad to an appointment in Birmingham. There was no way I could do it on such short notice because Wednesday is our freight day. And this time, there were other things that figured in as well. I have an absolutely HUGE order coming in and we are having a stock test on Friday, which means I need to get all that freight out. I am the only one in scrapbooking which means I'm the one that that has to get it all out (usually).
I felt really bad that I couldn't be any help to her. But as I was lamenting the fact that I would not be able to keep the kids for her today, saying to myself, "I wish I could do something about this," the thought came to me, "You CAN. You can pray." And I did.
Do NOT underestimate how God can work things out.
When I got to work this morning my boss was at the front talking to the co-manager. VERY UNUSUAL. On freight day at this time he is already unloading the truck when I get there. He said as we came in, "We got a call that the truck will be a couple hours late because of the weather." That worked out fine for me because I had a set I needed to finish and I figured it would take me just about that long to do it. But within 30 minutes, he was on the intercom saying, "The truck is NOT COMING AT ALL today. It will be here tomorrow. Anyone who wants to go home, can." (We've had a few delays in the past because of weather but I don't remember him ever saying this.)
WOW!!!
I ran straight to the phone to call Jeni. I was so excited. God answered my prayer in a way I never dreamed. I got my set done and left after I found out that she would not be leaving until elevenish. I will work a long day tomorrow and make up the rest of the time I lost today on Friday. It will be better for me all the way round because I need more time to get all that freight out.
My prayer had been, "God work this out for Jeni. You know how to do it. I don't."
Amazing.
.




1 comment:
And what a wonderful blessing it was. Thank you and Sis Heather, too, for the willingness to help. =) As long as I was down there.... it would have been NOT fun with 4 littles. They tend to not like spending a couple hours in a waiting room. ha.
Post a Comment