Sunday, January 25, 2009

The New Year

You might say that any New Year's Resolutions I'd make would be pointless until after inventory. And I suppose, in a way, they are pointless anyway. One thing is certain, anyone who has enough discipline to institute SEVERAL needed changes into their lives at the beginning of a year AND HOLD TO THEM is probably disciplined enough before that to NOT have needed to make New Year's resolutions anyway.

Studies have found that, in general, people just don't do good at following through on all those changes they plan to make at the beginning of a new year. But, going on, they have found that the best scenario is to decide upon only a FEW changes and work at them incrementally. AND, have support.

I have my changes IN MIND. Both of them will involve getting UP FROM HERE (or not sitting down in the first place) and doing something somewhere else.

  1. I want to walk regularly (which I expect to help me with weight loss).


  2. I want to get my house organized after this move I made last fall. (After Josh left I moved my bedroom, study, playroom, and more from one end of the house to the other. I got help for the heavy part but I'm left with getting things sorted out and organized.)

It took the first part of this week to get over whatever was trying to "get me". Then on Thursday I went to the celebration for the girls adoption. That left me an evening that I was free earlier than usual while yet in town so I went by to see Cathleen, Caleb, and Christie, LeAnn and Tim.

Later that evening Josh and Tesia came over on an errand but it ended in a nice visit that I enjoyed very much. On Friday the Jef Nordstroms came to Morgan City. They decided-- if it was okay with me-- they'd spend the night here after they finished up where they had gone so, on Saturday morning, I got to be with Brad, Sam, Zacky, and Rachel. Later on I got to visit some with Autumn, Jeni, and Jef before going off to work. (I was also able to get in a breakfast with my brother while all of them were still asleep on Saturday morning.) So I'm getting caught up on family. (I saw no one during inventory.)

Today is my day for Ginger and Shane and family. So I'm getting back into the swing of things.

Now I need to get up and get ready for this afternoon's company. Housework is NOT something I've caught up on. Although I was here so little that I didn't have time to make much mess either. (Jeni made sure she straightened up before she left so what's left to do is mainly my own making. Piles on the table where I dump stuff when I come in. Emptying the dish drainer. Starting the meal.)

If I keep up with my "resolutions", you won't be seeing as much of me.

.

No comments: