Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An "Off Day" after Inventory

Yesterday I was off from work and I took off from work in every way. I didn't do much that needed done at home either.

I did have to go to the Post Office and mail sales tax because it was deadline day and when I mail them on that day, they need to be handstamped to be absolutely sure the postmark is right. Afterwards I went to Wal-mart and stocked up on soup for my lunches. (At $1.50 a can, that's a pretty economical lunch.) Cold weather is a good time to have soup for lunch.

Other than that, I relaxed all day. I really needed to catch up on my rest and I did.

I even read a book. I also worked to get my blog set up so that, as I said, it won't be so hard for me to switch from one to the other and I can get to work on "getting in shape" for my health's sake. (Now all three of the blogs are on the same profile.)

When you read all the hype on what works best for being successful with weight loss, there are two important factors that figure in:

One, keep a journal of what you eat.

Two, have a system which requires some accountability--
a support system of some kind.


I found that keeping track online was a good way for me to do it because I have easy access to calorie counts and other information that can motivate me.



But today is freight day. So I'm "back in the saddle again".

No comments: