Today I'm going to be working to finish up what I hope will be my very last set as a department head. Sometimes "they" throw a wrench in the works and send one later, but normally they try to get all the sets behind us before we go into the fourth quarter of the year.
And, in December, I plan to go part time. I may wait until I get my payback check. If I don't stay full time until I get it, I won't get it at all--- is what I'm told. But they give us that right before Christmas, so I could plan for a big Christmas present for myself-- PART TIME work. (A "payback" check is money they pay me for NOT using my sick time. I get paid for any time I have accrued over 80 hours. On my last pay stub it showed that I had accrued 112 hours, so payback will be at least 32 hours because I am ALREADY 32 hours above the 80.)
On this set, I have actually been given help. Amazing. The set was a 35-hour set and I was given help. I had to do the 54-hour set all by myself. But, maybe that's why I got help this time. I do not believe the higher ups liked it that so much overtime was used to finish our sets. (I wasn't the only one who had a big one to get done and I wasn't the only one who went into overtime finishing on time.)
I had said afterward, "You know, just giving me a cashier who wasn't busy would have helped." But, of course, that was not a good idea (because it was mine).
Anyway, I'm not nearly as stressed because I've NOT had to work long hours and I'm 75% done. Hopefully-- with help-- I can get the 15 sections that are left finished today. Someone else is working on a side with six panels that need reset (but they keep pulling him off to do something else). Today I will do the nine sections on the tool side. He works on Saturday. If they'll leave him alone, maybe he can finish those six on Saturday.
I've thought through my department and after I finish this set, there are negligible parts of my department left that have NOT been reset. Side wall storage. Tables. Some endcaps and power panels. But all the inside aisles have been part of the two resets I've had to do in July and August. And scrapbooking has increased in size to over 9,000 items. Still supposed to have two full time people working it. Maybe that will happen when I am out.
Have to leave here in 15 minutes so I need to stop.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment