Campmeeting 2011 is behind me.
It was wonderful. I felt like I had a REAL vacation. I was with people I love morning and evening. I got to nap on some afternoons.
On Monday, I texted the daughter of my high school best friend and asked what day she wanted me to drop in. Monday was good, so I did. I spent the whole afternoon-- between services-- with her. And I told her if she come to church with me Tuesday morning, I'd take her out for lunch afterwards.
She came. But I really think she came to see me, not because of the promise of lunch. (She was actually going to try and pay for her own lunch.) The morning service lasted a little longer than usual so we got into a kind of time crunch because she needed to take her son to Oak Ridge by two. So I rode with her there and we ate after we dropped him off.
Oh. I forgot. There was another reason she wanted to come and see me on Tuesday. On Monday I had met one granddaughter.
I am so glad that I got to meet both the girls. They were such cuties-- both of them.
I have some pictures, but I haven't unpacked my car yet and I think my camera is somewhere in the back of the trunk.
NO, it's not. I just remembered where it is and I think I can get it fairly easily so... just hold on here and I'll give you some evidence of my visit with Pam and her grandies.
Brad ran and got my camera. Here's more.
I only took one other picture. It was of the tent at campmeeting. It's in a new (and I think much better) location this year.
![]() |
| Tent moved from the lawn to the left which was on a slope to a flatter area |
I did get another picture. One that Tesia emailed me when she was getting packed for campmeeting. Someone sure looked like he was enjoying the "packing".
Here's another one of Cash (and Josh) taken just before campmeeting.

And while I'm add it, here's two more pictures I really like. These are Daxton
![]() |
| I love this picture |
![]() |
| Daxton helping mommy with the laundry |








No comments:
Post a Comment