The manager was actually willing to give me today off to get back the time that I had worked on Tuesday, but I reminded her that --if I don't work, the order for scrapbooking will not be done. Who are you going to get to do it? And it's supposed to take six hours. I'm scheduled to actually work 6 and a half. (10 until 5 with a 30 minute lunch). By the time I take out time to answer customer questions, walk them to merchandise, go to the front and fill in as cashier, and who knows what else? I won't have 6 and a half.
I went by to see Felicia on Thursday for awhile and told her I'd bring whatever they'd like to eat for supper after work today so I could see all of them and the kids before I go off for a week. I haven't been by to see them as much in past weeks so I didn't want to miss going before I take off on my vacation. They have Cathleen and Caleb on the weekends, so all the kids will be there. Felisia wanted barbeque so I said I'd buy that.
I remembered that Tesia had made some delicious pork barbeque for an event of some kind and so I decided to pull her in on the festivities. I figured I could buy a huge pork roast for about the same amount of money just two pounds of already prepared barbeque would cost. So, I called her up and asked if she fix my barbeque if I brought her the pork roast. (If I hadn't been working, I could have done it, but.... well, I was.) Anyway, she has done the barbeque and she and Josh are going to eat with us. I get off at five so it will be a supper time meal. Felicia is going to make potato salad and supply drinks. I need to buy the buns and get sauce and maybe pick up some baked beans.
It's already ten until eight and I'll need to leave here in just over an hour so I need to "get this show on the road"-- do my reading and praying, get ready to go, eat my breakfast, and possibly just go on by the store and buy what I need to buy and take it with me.
Jeni and Jef had a date night last night and went to see Matt play with Clare Lynch. I had to work, so they had Josh and Tesia watch the kids until I got home. I had bargained to leave early-- to cut off some of that extra time I'd worked-- so instead of working until nine, I left work at eight. I got to enjoy Tesia, Josh, and Cash awhile before they headed on home to put Cash to bed.
7 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment