It's hard to believe it's already FRIDAY evening.
The older I get, the faster life goes.
My life started going faster when I started college. From that time on-- right up until the present day-- I've had more to do than I've had time to do it in. And that makes time go by swiftly.
Of course, most of my waking hours are taken up at work. This has been a much better week. Except for the disappointment that I was scheduled to work from 11 until 9 on Wednesday. But, looking on the bright side of that-- since it happened-- it gave me more time to work on getting out the new merchandise that was still "in waiting" to be priced and go out.
And another good thing was that I was scheduled to come in earlier on Thursday. That was good for the same reason. By the time I left on Thursday, I FINALLY had all the new stuff out. I was SO GLAD.
However, that doesn't mean all my new stuff is out because on this week's truck, I got another new layout. And along with the incoming freight I got a bunch of stuff that goes with that layout. New stuff.
We also got our new books. I always take a look at the back just to see how my department has increased or decreased within a month. This month's book has 1500 more items in my department that last month's book had.
Remember, we are not computerized. I still have to look at every item, many times I have to count what's there, then "fill in the blanks" tp show how many I need to get in for the week. When I had just at 8000, it was supposed to take me over six hours to order. But since none of that is valid with this management, I suppose it would be mighty presumptuous of me to think it might actually take me even a little longer with 9000 items.
Last evening I went to see Daxton ( and Tim and Felicia) and the girls. He is such a sweet baby. Always smiling.
Tonight after work, the crew I'm on cleaned the church. They pretty much let me set the time and since this week -- after Wednesday-- I did not go in late, we chose to do it tonight.
Then I went by and sung Happy Birthday to Cash. He's one today.
7 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment