We decided that I'd not get the kids last night because I had church and it would be so late when I got there to get them, that it would be way past their bed times anyway.
That worked out well for me because I had hardly any sleep on Tuesday night. I came home from church and got to bed fairly early. I got over eight hours of sleep and was going to get up and enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee before reading my Bible and praying. I would need to go get the kids after that.
The phone rang.
It was Tim.
Daxton's sick and had not slept all night. Felisia was worn out. He was at work. Did I have some infant decongestant?
Uh... no. Why would I? "No, I don't" (Actually, I don't even know what it is. I know very little about medicines. In my mind, I'm silently thanking God for how blessed I was to have such healthy children.)
" Felisia needs some. She's worn out and stressed because she didn't get any sleep last night."
I told him I'd leave "right now" to go help.
To shorten the story, I changed my plans of leisurely drinking my coffee, reading my Bible and then praying. I dressed quickly, poured my coffee in a to-go tumbler and headed out.
In the car, I called Felicia and asked what she needed. I asked her if she would be able to feed the kids breakfast while I was going to get the medicine. She said she would and that she'd get them ready for Bible School. (GREAT! Maybe this can all get done in the short time frame we have to do it all in after all!)
I went to Walmart--which is about 12 miles away-- and found what I could that was for infants (and accidentally also got something she can only use with the older children). Walmart had so many empty spots in its children's cold medicine location that I guess there must be a lot of infants that are sick out there.
I called Felicia and told her I was having difficulty getting all that she wanted. She said that sometimes they had stuff in the baby department. So I walked over there to check.
This worked out for my good. I had wanted to make the girls matching dresses to wear to the program tomorrow night. I had even asked Sister Mary Jo about a pattern she uses for making "pillowcase dresses" --which, by the way, are not really made from pillow cases. They are just easily made little girls dresses. (Here's one example. And another.) The dresses and some t-shirts to go under them would be all I'd need.
Even during the night, I was half dreaming/ half worrying about how I was going to get all the stuff, the patterns and find the time to get that done. I didn't think it would take long. My plans were to get the stuff this afternoon and make them in the morning because Josh was going to keep Cash on Friday morning.
When I went back to the infants, I circled around through little girls clothes just to check what I'd be saving myself by making the dresses and I found some dresses there for $5 each. WOW! I doubt I could even buy the fabric and the thread and the other stuff I'd need to whip the dresses together for $15. WHAT A BLESSING!!
So, I bought three matching dresses, came back by and gave Felicia the medicine I was able to get, and brought the little ones back to the house. We actually got back here before Tesia arrived with Cash... by just a few minutes.
I had shown Felicia my little dresses and she immediately began to plan for matching hair bows. (I can't imagine being like that. I'm just not geared to being 'girly'.)
I showed Tesia my little dresses. She really liked them.
She told me that Cash had gone to bed late and gotten up early so he might be a hand full. Or, I said, he might sleep a long time.
Then, as she was leaving she said, oh, by the way, since Josh is doing the sound system for the program, I'll need for you to keep Cash tomorrow too.
WOW!! Thank you , again, Lord, for the little dresses.
I came back in. Cash went to sleep. I've already prayed and now I'll have time to read my Bible. I was even able to get the trash down to the road, which I thought might be a lost cause with the way things were going-- since the garbage man runs in the mornings (though not extremely early).
Could things have worked out any better considering they didn't turn out at all liked I had planned?
P.S. I hear the garbage truck getting the trash right now.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment