8:30 Friday evening Bible School program OVER. Took Felisia and Lexia home.
9PM: Brought Caleb and Cathleen to my house to spend the night.
Got them dressed for bed, gave them snacks, and off they went BY CHOICE to bed.
I started a book that I bought at the Dollar Store for $3 (The Outside Boy by Jeanine Cummins) I found the book VERY interesting, but I was so tired, I couldn't read long.
However, I'd have SATURDAY to read. I went to bed.
7AM: I had my coffee and started reading. I was able to read for an hour before Cathleen and Caleb woke up.
8AM: We ate breakfast. I cleaned up the dishes from yesterday and the morning. I did my devotions.
10 AM or thereabouts: Made arrangements to go and stay with Felisia, Lexia, and Daxton (plus Cathleen and Caleb) so Felicia could go buy the fixings for Lexia's 5th Birthday Party (which was scheduled for 2:30PM).
I figured while the kids played, I could read my book, so I took it along.
11-12:30: Pretty much rocked Daxton the whole time. He went to sleep more than once, but if I'd try to lie him down, he'd awaken.
12:30: Felicia returned, so after she got situated, I left to go into town and buy Lexia a birthday present. I went to Hobby Lobby because I still had money on my Hobby Lobby gift card that I got for ten years of employment.
At Hobby Lobby I learned that our co-manager (The one I've liked. The one I've made comments about that she pretty much was managing the store for the last year until our last manager left. The one we all liked so much.) had been "promoted" to be the manager of the store in GARDENDALE. (Gardendale is probably at least an hour and a half drive for her from Harvest, Alabama where she now lives. So she's more than doubling her driving mileage.) It made me very sad to find out she's been promoted to such a distant location. I hope it works out well for her. I know she CAN manage the store. She's an excellent manager. I just hate it that she will have that far to drive. I believe if I was her I'd be looking for a reasonably priced motel and stay down there on the nights I had to close and then be back at work the next day by 7 AM.
1:30PM Decided to go to Sam's Club and buy some stuff I needed for lunches next week.
2:15 PM Got home with my goods-- which needed refrigeration-- and decided, before going to the birthday party, I'd take the survey Sam's Club wants you to take and get my name in the pot for winning $1000. It took longer than I thought it would so it was...
2:50PM before I got to the birthday party for Lexia
Mainly it was me and Felicia's family. And, of course, the kids.
There were hamburgers and baked beans and chips and dip and drinks. Then birthday cake and ice cream. Then the opening of the gifts.
About 4:45 PM I left to go back into Huntsville, first to take Cathleen and Caleb to their PawPaw's then to go on to the VBS program at Westlawn where Brad, Sam, Zack, Rachel, and Autumn would be joining other children to show the things they'd learned at Bible School this week.
8:30 PM After the program some discussion was made about going out to eat by Josh and Jef and at first I thought I'd join them, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I wanted to come home and read more about the Irish travellers. Which is what I plan to do just as soon as I finish doing this update. And, oh, after I upload my pictures from the day's events.
Pictures of the day's events
Jef-- it seems -- is like his Mom, who blinks any time a flash picture is made of her and thus what might have been a good picture looks dorky because my eyes are closed or half closed.
I'm frustrated with Photobucket. They are not showing my photos in the way I organized them to be shown.I embedded the slide show on here but I didn't like the order in which they showed the pictures so I just linked it back to where it was organized, online. Maybe later I will try Picasa.... which I found out means I have to upload to YouTube. But here are the same photos done that way.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment