Monday, June 6, 2011

Bible School Is ALREADY Half Over

Amazing.


We anticipate it.  We prepare for it.  


I put in for my vacation way ahead of time so that I can be available the second week to get my grandchildren back and forth.


And then, before you know it, it's over.


Well, almost.


I worked Saturday.  It would have been my normal day off but I felt badly because I was taking my vacation on the Saturday I was supposed to work and another employee needed to be off on Saturday for the Relay for Life, so we swapped Saturdays.  




I did my order.  And I found out we did NOT pass our stock test.   The co-manager wasn't for sure who had missed but she showed me the list of things checked for in my department and there was one that I'm almost certain was NOT there.  So, I suppose I missed again.  (She had thought it was the craft department that missed, but probably not.)  Five other items were missed in other departments.


On Sunday, I busied myself with getting together the paperwork I needed to send in to show that I was not delinquent with my taxes for 2008, because an audit by the Alabama Department of Revenue seemed to determine that I had not paid.  That required me finding  the verification of payment and sending duplicate forms  and typing up a letter, ready to be mailed (certified asking for a signature, per my brother's advice).


Then after church on Sunday night I went and picked up Cathleen, Caleb, Felisia, and Lexia so they could spend the night with me and be here for me to get them ready for Bible School on Monday.


I had made arrangements with Tesia to keep Cash during Bible School, so she brought him and picked them up to take. 


Lexia, Cathleen, Felisia, Caleb: VBS 2011

I didn't even leave the house (in my car) until I took the kids back home about 2:30.  And went to the post office to mail my letter to Alabama. 


I've been taking odd times that I've not been seeing to kids to sort out some of my stuff.   That's a formidable job.   But I'm taking it bit by bit.  


Lexia plays t-ball and she has games on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings.  When she finishes her game this evening, I'll go back and get the kids so they can spend the night again.



This is the first time in a long time that I've not felt like I had more to do on my vacation than I do going to work.   It was very relaxing for me to just sort out stuff while Cash was asleep this morning and then, when  he woke up, to sit and rock him for an hour.  Then we walked outside and I swung him on the"new" swing set.    


When Tesia brought the kids back and picked him up, they played outside on the swing set for awhile as well.  Then we had corn dogs for lunch and they played inside--because it is SO HOT out there-- for awhile before I took them home.   


I came home and TOOK A NAP!!    Then I started back on my sorting.... 


I'm just waiting for my phone call to go get the kids.  I'm sure I'll have to give them all baths if they've been out playing ball somewhere on this hot, hot day.

No comments: