...in this case, the fruit was grandkids.
I went last evening and picked my four "littles" up again, brought them home, gave them showers, a snack, read them a story and put them to bed.
Then got them all up this morning, fed them, and got them ready for Tesia to pick up for Bible School when she dropped Cash off.
She puts Cash to bed when she comes in, so while he slept, I checked my e-mail and found a request from Jeni. Could I keep her kids one day after their Bible School so she could go to an appointment?
Yes. Of course.
Meantime I spent the morning with Cash. We walked around the circle. We enjoyed one another and relaxed.
Then Jeni let me know that her appointment would be today at one o'clock.
That was just a little tricky. I had planned to feed the littles lunch before taking them back home (at the usual 2:30 time). Instead I would have them change back into their play clothes IMMEDIATELY after getting here and we'd jump in the car and meet Jeni at their place, where I would let Jeni take my car to her appointment and use her car to bring her five kids back to my house.
We swapped out and I was able to have some time with Sam, Zack, Rachel, Autumn and BRAD this afternoon. The first four are low key. They are self-entertaining. Brad is more demanding. But not too long after we got back here, I realized I was TIRED. So I told Brad to get a book and I got Autumn and she and I went to bed for a nap. (Autumn HAS TO BE watched. I could not have taken a nap if Autumn had not also taken a nap. The other kids are "safe", predictable. She is not. )
After my nap, I did some more searching for something I really needed to find but for some reason it has decided to elude me completely. Autumn slept for probably three hours. And Rachel, later on-- on her own-- crawled up on a couch and went to sleep as well.
I fed the kids some pizza that Jef had arranged for Josh to bring by for their supper because he and Jeni wanted to go out together and celebrate his birthday ( which they didn't get to do yesterday). They got back about 7:30 to get the kids.
I'm alone a little while.
I will be needing to leave here in just a few minutes to go back and get Felisia, Lexia, Cathleen, and Caleb..... and repeat the routine of last night.... baths, snacks, story, before putting them to bed.
It has been a full grandmother day for me.
**************
It's getting mighty close to nine o'clock and I still haven't got the call that says Lexia's t-ball game is over yet. Wow. I'm surprised at them keeping such young kids this late.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment