Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Very Good Day

My Saturday off started with God.  I read my Bible and prayed. (That's not entirely accurate.  I start with coffee and a "wake-up time" at the computer, and wait to do my devotions after my head is clearer.)   Then I had someone to call to pick me up and bring me home after I dropped my car off.  Josh lives not far from where the shop is that I took it to.  It's nice to have someone to call on.  And he actually came in and visited with me for awhile after he brought me home.


Around 10:30 my brother, Davis, came by to confirm our lunch date and he too visited with me awhile.


After he left, I got ready to go out to eat and not long later my car was delivered.  Charles didn't want me to pay him, but I already knew that his business is running slow and he has mouths to feed so I figured  I needed to at least pay him for the two hours of work.  I'm not sure exactly what that would be but I came up with an approximation  since he took that time out to do the work (immediately after he saw the need and I got the car to him, I might add.)  It worked out well for me because what I paid for the coolant and the flushing out came back to me before the day was over.   How blessed I am.


We went to the new Cracker Barrel in Hartselle.   I had told Josh we were going when I asked him to bring me home, so he and Tesia decided to go along.   It was not crowded.  We got seated quickly.  I had shrimp, a baked potato, fried okra, and hush puppies.   My birthday brother and I split an apple dumpling with ice cream.  I was able to bring home enough of what was left on my plate to have for my lunch today.


On the way home, Davis-- who gets up very early and goes and helps out with barn work-- got so sleepy that he nodded off.   So I suggested he just lie back and take a nap.  He needed it.  He slept almost all the way home.   As for me, I could have nodded off too.  The sun shining in on a warm day after a nice meal.  But, of course, I was the driver.   So, I fought off the sleepiness until I got home.   Then I took MY nap.

At some point after I got up I looked at the clock and it said 6:03.   I missed leaving in the Rapture.   I can't imagine what happened that I got missed.   

Judgment Day? No Way! What's Behind the May 21, 2011, End-of-the-World Rumors


By the way, another thing that makes me know I have it good, we have it good in this country, is that all the news can find to talk about is some crazy guy proclaiming that the world will end (for those who are raptured) on May 21.   I could not believe how much that was in the news.... online, in the papers, on TV (I  was told), and on the radio.   I suppose one reason it received so much attention was because it was so obviously off-the-wall and something people could be "entertained" with.

And another by the way.   There's a whole lot of people who believe in the rapture and that the world will end before 2050.  I am thankful for a clear understanding of the scriptures that "the tribulation" is behind us and that when the end comes, it's over for everyone.  There's not going to be any catching up of some and others left behind to suffer.   The suffering they have will not be here.  It will be because they chose to reject the offer to be what Jesus Christ could make them into instead of just being what they get credit for themselves because they choose to keep "control" of their own lives. (And some do control their lives very well.  But, as well as they might do as far as life is concerned, they cannot deliver themselves from sin.  And that's what Jesus came to do.)

Afterwards I went down to visit with Cathleen, Caleb, Felisia, Lexi, and Daxton for awhile.   They were having a big time playing outside.   Felicia had called for a pizza delivery from a new establishment in South Huntsville.   Before I left, I ate a piece of that.


It was a good day.   I am so blessed.

No comments: