Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Strange Turn of Events

I really did not want Gary to leave and I prayed seriously about it.  But, the way I prayed was, "Lord, work out what will be best for Gary and his family."   I learned a long time ago that just because I want something, it doesn't mean that it is what is the best thing to happen.


So I kept on praying that way.  I did add to it, "Lord, if it would be good for Gary to stay here, it would be nice if you'd just see to it that his house sold while he's home on vacation."


But Gary left to take the new job.  He started yesterday.  He called back to our co-manager either on Sunday or on Monday and said:  "You're not going to believe this.   My house sold on Sunday." (He left here on Saturday.)


I'm sure that I don't think things through like most people do, but I believe God did that for me!   Because He wanted me to see that he was paying attention to my prayers and that He decided it was best for Gary and his family for him to go back to Springfield.  If that house would have sold just a few days earlier, he'd still be here!




I'm not sure what he'll do now.   It could cost him a pretty penny to get out of the contract.   He may have to pay high Realtor's fees. 
******
Our new manager started yesterday.  She is used to working with our co so that was not new for her or the co.  They had worked together for years until last year.   The main adjustment is going to be for all of us to learn to do things the way she wants them done.




I was supposed to leave at 3 yesterday but I just did finish my order up at three.   I had to cover Party Supplies because the employee who works it didn't come in until two and I said,  "As long as I've worked at Hobby Lobby, I don't remember ever getting so many phone calls in one morning."   90% of them were for Party Supplies.  Besides the calls, I had a whole lot of people who actually came in trying to find things they couldn't find in Party Supplies.  And then there were all the calls from the front for Party about price checks, returns, and so on.   I believe I would have got my order done and got out on time if someone had been there to cover Party Supplies.


Today I'm off and I've been trying to psych myself up to have a productive day.   That would NOT be looking at things online all day that stir up my interest.  The problem with me and the internet is that I get interested in so many different things and, while I'm looking at one, I'll see something else that stirs my interest, and I'll check that out.  Instead of actually satisfying my curiosity, the more I check out the more "leads" I find to go look at something else.   Afterwhile, I think to look at the clock and can't believe how much time I've sat here just going from one thing to another.  (Even now my mind has several thoughts of things I'd like to "check out" running through it.)   Having such easy access to a wealth of information is enjoyable but NOT what produces a productive day.   I excuse myself for "relaxing" when I've come home after a day's work.   But when I have a day off-- like today-- I really think I should be up and doing something else.


******
Mother's day was nice.   Three of my children brought me flowers of various sorts and I went out to eat with three of them over the weekend (Different three).   I got to see all of them.  (That was the nice part.)    My brother Fred, who never forgets me, had sent me a card earlier in the week and I used what he sent to pay the bulk of the cost of  a new phone which replaced one which was not working as it should be  Sadly, I found out when I got it home that just because it has a landline attached to it, it doesn't work without electricity, so I'll have to go pick me up a cheapy landline phone to use when the electricity goes out.  I traded in the one I had to get this new phone reduced by $20.


*****


I tried to be good in what I ate yesterday because after the weekend, I was up at least three pounds.   When I weighed in this morning, I was back down.   I am trying to get my weight down, not so much by "dieting" as by thinking in terms of changing the fact that I can ALWAYS eat what I want to and as much as I want.     I've lost ten pounds by doing that.  Now, if I can just get myself started on walking every day, I'm sure that will help me in an abundance of ways.

By the way, I WON a cookbook from Christy Jordan.   I'm not sure how this will help me in my weight loss, but I sure do like Christy.

No comments: