Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Here We Go AGAIN!

When I got to work yesterday a meeting was already in progress.   (They are conducted at the front of the store.)   This one brought us more unsettling news.


Our manager is leaving.  Friday will be his last day.


When he went home to Missouri on vacation last week, the first thing he did was go on an interview with the store he left there.   The manager in that store had "stepped down" and they needed a manager.  He was hired for the job.


I have prayed much about the sell of his house, but truthfully, the way I have prayed is that whatever would be best for him and his family is what I'd like to see happen.  So what can I say?  Praise God, I guess.


But that means we will be without a store manager next week.  


This creates a problem for us in more than one way.  Our present manager recognized the expertise of the co-manager we have and pretty much let her run things.  She has done a great job.  She knows what she's doing and she deferred to him as the supreme authority in every case where there was a need to.   She also appreciated the fact that he did not mind handling the reprimands and the firings.  


I'm not sure who will take his place, but we'd all like for it to be her.  The "talk" is that she hasn't been hired in as a co long enough to get the job, that there is another co in our district-- who has actually worked with us before as a co -- who would be "next in line" because he's been a co longer.  But, the truth is, our present co-manager was previously a co-manager when she and her husband lived in Oklahoma.   So she had co-manager experience years ago but she gave up her job because her husband got transferred  (or perhaps because he finished his military career).  So, if they'd be willing to take that into consideration, SHE would be the one with more experience at this company.


So we are back to where we were.   Wondering what will come next.    I've certainly prayed about all of this enough that I trust, whatever is ahead, God will take care of me.  


In other news, FINALLY Jef and Jeni had their power restored.  It has been out since last Wednesday.   They will be gathering up their stuff and heading home tomorrow.   I think the boys have to be back in school on Thursday.  


I know they will be glad to get back to their own place.   "There's no place like home" is not just a hackneyed expression; it's a reality.  I feel the same way.   I'm always glad, after being away for whatever reason, to return to my own home and my own routine.


Power has not been restored 100% yet in Madison County but I think when theirs was restored that got restoration up to about the 70% level.   By this morning, it was to be even higher.   Utility crews have worked LONG, HARD hours to get the power lines back up before the Browns Nuclear Power Plant was repaired and ready to give power back to the region it services.  (My area --obviously-- was not serviced by that plant.   I was only without power for about 18 or so hours instead of several days as most of Huntsville/Madison/Madison County has been.)


If you notice by post time, you'll see I did this around 4AM.  Woke up and couldn't go back to sleep, so I just got up.  But I need to try again, because today is freight day, even though it will probably not be a huge amount because we were told to order light on Monday because the office person wouldn't have time to key in a large order for every department in one day.  (She always used to but this new management team changed that and now they think she can't.  She never liked having to stay as late as she did on Mondays to get the order keyed in but she COULD do it.  She's very good at her job.)

No comments: