Too bad we can't find someone who doesn't mind standing up and speaking out like Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
If it's true that place of birth doesn't make any difference anymore in who become President, maybe he could be a candidate ...
Just Kidding, of course.
*****
I had a nice lunch yesterday with Sister Katie and Sister Marie to celebrate my birthday--which is tomorrow. We went to Jason's Deli at eleven and took our time because I didn't have to be at work until one.
*****
Blake is back from Tennessee but he has been away from friends so long, he wants to get with his buddies here so he won't be coming to Bible School
However, I did (finally) turn in the forms to register Felisia, Caleb, Cathleen, and Lexia tonight.
*****
So far at work, I've not been "called on the carpet" by the new manager. I'm amazed because it's certainly not because she's not working to be sure things are done well. Every day that I go to work, I pray as I go, "Lord, help me to do as good a job as I can do with Your help. Help me to stay focused on what this new manager wants to accomplish and to the best of my ability do what she wants done." Then, I just commit it. I can only do my best. If that's not good enough then, when it's not good enough, I'll just listen to what she has to say and answer, "Yes Ma'am". And I'll do my best to do whatever she says I need to do. That's all I can do.
*****
Jeni called me up (on Monday I think) and asked if she could come and cook my supper tomorrow night. It made me feel really good that she thought of me. So she is fixing me a birthday dinner. Then she and the kids will spend the night. Probably (though I don't know this) Jef is out of town. His job has him doing a lot of work in South Alabama.
*******
So far I've not gained any weight from my birthday dinners (Cracker Barrel on Saturday, Jason's Deli yesterday). However, the tornadoes in Alabama and the resulting power outage and company, plus other things, have thrown me off on keeping track of my calories and I've not lost any more. I probably won't get back to doing that until after Bible School.
*****
Bible School begins next week and goes all of the week after. I take a vacation the second week in order to be home and get my grand kids into Bible School. I'm not sure if the kids will stay with me, but even if not, they are just at the foot of the mountain so it won't be hard to go back and forth to get them.
*****
Josh is going to take me out for lunch tomorrow at Five Guys. That was my choice since it's right next to where I work and because I only get 30 minutes for lunch. Well, I did suggest Zaxby's but he didn't think we'd have time for that.
Tomorrow morning at 9:35am, I will officially be starting my 66th year. The 65th will have ended.... just as you are not one year old until your first year is past, you are not 65 until your 65th year is PAST.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment