Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Cathi

Thirty-five years ago I had my only girl. It's hard to take in that I'm getting old enough to have children as old as she and Jef have become.

I'm working today, but hopefully I can pull together a nice birthday meal for her this evening. I'm going to be trying real hard to do that.  I don't get to be with her very much.

Later:
I hurried home from work, straight to Food-4-Less for my dinner items.   Came in and started immediately working to get this meal done by 6:15  (I got home at five.)

Cleaned and put all the baked potatoes in the microwave to cook until the oven dinged telling me that it had preheated.  I figured they would bake quicker in the oven if they had already got started in the microwave.

Put marinade on my steaks and sat them aside, turning them from time to time.

Mixed up my salad:  Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grated cheese, sunflower seeds and craisins.

Put on water to boil for tea and for corn on the cob.

Did some kitchen clean up then transferred the potaotes from the microwave to the oven.  ( I just happen to like oven baked potatoes better-- because they are baked not steamed.

Started the coals to grill steaks.

Mixed up a very good brownie to use for a "birthday cake".  I already had some Bluebell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.

I bought real butter.. for the corn and potatoes.  And I got REAL prepackaged bacon to sprinkle on the baked potatoes along with the butter and sour cream.

Tesia brought some Sister Schubert rolls   Ummm good.  

We had a very nice time together-- just us mountain folks-- Cathi, Uncle D, Josh, Tesia and me.  And it was a VERY GOOD meal even if I do say so myself.

In case you hadn't figured it out, Cathi likes to make silly faces

No comments: