Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back to Life as Usual

We ended Bible School with a very nice program on Friday night.    It turned out very well.

Blake's gramps had come home from Kuwait last Friday for a "furlough" from his work there.  (He's not in the military.  His job has him working there.) After Bible School last week I took Blake back to meet him at Madison and learned he had left 125° heat-- which sometimes even gets up to MUCH higher (He said it doesn't seem as hot as there because it is DRY), that he works six days a week, ten hour days.   He comes home about twice a year, as I remember it, for two weeks.   His work will be done there in December.  (By which time he hopes to have his house paid off.)  Anyway, when he comes in for these short times at home, he and his wife Debbie try to get away together for a few days of "vacation"-- just the two of them.  They went to Florida for a few days, but they got up at 4AM on Friday and drove back to Alabama so they could be there for Blake to see him in the VBS program.    I know they had to be worn out but they didn't rush off at the end.  They stuck around and went with him to his room to see the way everything looked there and let him tell them all he wanted to about it.

Then they left with Blake.

Of course, my little ones also left me after the program.  And I came home to an "empty" house.

But on Saturday morning I was up early so I could go to work.  I knew we were running short on people at work and I had told the co-- who makes out the schedule-- that I could come in on Saturday if I was needed.   I got there by 8:30; worked from 9 until 5:30.

Then I rushed off to Westlawn, where Jef and Jeni go to church to see my other grandkids in their Bible School program.   They have Bible School the same week we do, but thankfully they wait and do their program on Saturday evening so I don't have to miss it.   It was at 6PM.

They do a great job.  I enjoyed it very much.  Then I went to eat with Jef and Jeni and Chris and Rhonda and all the kids.  (I hadn't had time to eat after work before going to the program.)  We went to Logan's and I absolutely "pigged out" on sweet tea.  This is unusual for me because normally I don't drink but about a half or maybe even just a third of any drink I get with a meal, but I bet I drank FOUR glasses of tea.   I had a salad and a baked potato to eat.    Of course, they give you freshly baked rolls and butter and I didn't pass on that.


It was probably ten-thirty before I got home.   I was so tired.....
but I slept good.   Now it's time to get ready for church.

This is my Sunday to have company for dinner and I haven't done anything to get ready for them.  :-(

Later:
I reneged on my Sunday dinner.  Sister Nadine has been trying to get with for several weeks to take me out for my birthday after church on Sunday.  It seemed every time she asked I had to tell her that it was my Sunday to have Ginger and Shane.  Then, the last time she asked I said No because I still had a lot to do to get my house ready because I thought Ginger was going to stay with me.   Anyway, I knew Sister Nadine was going to campmeeting next week, so this Sunday I went out with her to KFC for my birthday.  I told Ginger that I was and why and that they could come too if they wanted to.   They didn't, but Sister Martha Williams went with us... and Sisters Virginia and Doris Steadham.  And Kevin and Denna and Courtney and Brooke.  When we got there, Dyris and Harold were already there, so there was a good number of us who took advantage of the buffet at KFC this afternoon. 

Now I'm ready for a nap.

No comments: