I think I stole that phrase from Jeni... but it sure fits.
I've had four beginners to take care of for Bible School. I don't even remember the last time I've had beginners for Bible School. When I first started getting Blake for Bible School I'm sure he was already in primaries (which is 1st, 2nd, 3rd graders).
These beginners are such cute kids. And it's so much fun to listen to them singing the Bible School songs and saying the verses and just talking to each other about whatever they talk about.
Last year, I did have Caleb for Bible School but he was the only one that age. This year I have the others here and they reinforce and remind one another of what they heard for the day and talk to one another about it and to me.
It has been fun to have them.
Having Blake has been a challenge. Blake plays ball. He is evidently pretty important to his team. But the team wasn't really having a good season, so when playoffs came up, he was pretty sure when I took him home for his game on Thursday night that the game that night and the ones he played on Saturday would end his season. NO SUCH LUCK. On Saturday morning a team that was supposed to play didn't show up so it threw them into a higher slot in the play offs. That meant I had to take him back to play again on Monday night. Then, of all things, on Monday night they actually won their game. That means he has to go back again for another game on Thursday night.
None of this would be a big deal except for how far I have to go to get him home. I don't want to just go and drop him off and come back to Morgan City and then go back to Hazel Green. It's too far. So I have to come up with a way to occupy my time while he's playing so that I can get him after the game and bring him back.
So I've done a lot of driving back and forth this Bible School just to be sure that he is here every day.
We have only three days left.
I've been actually going to Bible School every day and helping out in whatever ways I could. Today I filled in for a sick teacher of one of the small classes that goes over the lesson and helps with the projects.
We have only three days left and they will be very busy. Getting ready for the program. Trying to get ALL of "the littles" to be willing to stay the night with me. So far only three of them have been. One wants to be with her mom at night. But she says she's going to stay tonight. Of course, having them for the night means I am the one who gets them up, feeds them, and gets them ready to go in the morning.
It's not the routine I'm used to so it is quite tiring.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment