Monday, February 16, 2009

Twice Blessed

Jeni needed to come to my house to pick up something.

Not too long before "get off" time I got a call on my cell phone. (I actually DID get the call this time. I didn't have my phone on vibrate-- as I should have-- and heard it. Somehow, when I'm working, I cannot seem to feel it vibrate in my pocket when I have it set on that.)

She called to say, "I decided to wait until you get off and come up and fix supper for all of us at your house."

HOW GOOD IS THAT??!!! wow

So tonight I didn't even have to think about what I'd fix for supper for myself. I just waited for the arrival of Jen and family.

In she came with a pork loin, and all the side dishes we needed. She cut up the pork loin and was going to fry the chops, but Jef had another idea. "Why not broil them?" They'd not tried that before so he came to the Internet Cookbook and found that to broil pork chops, it would only take 5 minutes per side.

We did that. And they were good. He'd seen broiled pork chops eaten with spicy mustard and wanted to give that a try. I just happened to have some spicy mustard on hand. VERY spicy. The chops really were good with that mustard.

It was nice to have them all here. The kids played while we fixed the meal. Then it was time to load up and head for home.

Another nice time with nice folks and good food.

.

No comments: