Friday, February 6, 2009

Time Crunch

When I have Saturday off-- which I do this week-- it leaves me with very little "value time" left to do anything at home during the week. However, I had S&L come over on Tuesday morning and, instead of the usual basic stuff, we (they) pulled out everything in my lower kitchen cabinets to clean them out. They work for just an hour and a half. That's what I can afford and I figure that won't be long enough to cause them to "burn out" on helping me out.

All well and good.

But we didn't get it all put back before it was time for them to leave. No problem. That is, not until I came up with another bright idea. Which is a good idea. I asked Jef if he could make plans some Saturday when I was off to come up and help me cut underbrush and clean up in the yard before the leaves start coming back. He said he could come THIS Saturday.

"Good deal."

And we'd have Zacky a little birthday party here Friday evening. (His birthday was Wednesday.)

"Good."

And it is good. And I'm glad.

I'd also made arrangements to go straight from work today and pick up Blake for the weekend.

We'd left the mess and I went off to work on Tuesday. I got home after nine on Tuesday. Tired.

On Wednesday I have no time for much at all after I get home from work before going to church.

Then--on Thursday morning, my other morning to go in later, there was the little matter of walking into the "guest bedroom" and finding that I had filled up the bed with clothes because I was changing out closets. And the floor with shoes, for the same reason.(This was all from a previous day's project-- last week some time.)

So yesterday before I went to work, I figured that I needed to at least get the bedroom functional as they were going to spend the night Friday night.

This morning I woke up just after 4:30 and realized that if I did not get up right then and finish up putting things away in the kitchen that when the party people arrived, there would be no space on the kitchen counters to do any kind of preparation for anything.

So up I got. And I'm getting ready to plunge into getting that stuff out of our way so that when we all come home tonight it won't be facing me then.

This is going to be a long day... but I keep telling myself,

"You've made it on 5 1/2 hours of sleep tons of days in your life. This is NOT a freight day. You will not be doing anything strenuous at all today. Just finishing up tagging some new merchandise and maybe starting next week's order. You'll be fine."



Wake up time is over. I must begin.

.

No comments: