I got my dessert FREE because I ordered the strawberries and ice cream dessert and they realized they had no strawberries, so they made me the dessert with puff pastry, ice cream, strawberry glaze, and whipped topping. It was good even like that. But I'd like to try it some time WITH the strawberries.Even after Dot's death, Harold-- her brother-- has kept in touch with Davis, inviting him to all their family functions just as he did when his sister was alive. Davis, being the sociable guy he is, likes to keep the connection and so he was glad to have opportunity to do take them to dinner today.
It was a beautiful day. And a very nice lunch. And I even got home in time for a SHORT nap before going back to church.
Harold and Mitzy told us about a farm down close to there that has tours for school children showing them the old-fashioned farming life. Mitzy had done some volunteer work for the place and they had an appreciation dinner for all the volunteer workers which Harold and Mitzy had got in on this past week.
Anyway, from their description, it sounded like a place I'd like to see. Harold said that on one Saturday in October it was open to the public. Hopefully, it will be the Saturday I'm off.
.




No comments:
Post a Comment